Sunday, June 8, 2008

Strawberry Tomato Caprese Fusili

DSC04628
So, I was tempted to be introspective and brooding this afternoon, because I went from being in the warm embrace of my family, who were in for the week, to being all alone watching infomercials. But, I decided to shut up and eat. My aunt was in and cooked her little heart out and then some. So, there is plenty, more than plenty, of food in the house.

But, I was in the mood for something not Indian, fresh, unfried and raw. Can I have a more specific craving? Well, that is what happens when you have as special a palette as mine... My fridge is full of impulse purchases from Whole Foods and the farmer's market--the season's first strawberries, a shiny new basil plant, and local fresh mozzarella. I boiled just enough pasta for one serving (no space for leftovers), sliced some strawberries and tomatoes, added sea salt, fresh mozzarella, balsamic, basil and olive oil. 11 minutes to lunch.

As I love a blog roundup and enjoy Closet Cooking, I sent this over to Presto Pasta Nights created by Ruth at Once Upon a Feast and run by Kevin.

DSC04630

5 comments:

Salty Incisor said...

sounds good lets see a photo

test it comm said...

I never would have though to add strawberries to pasta but this sounds good! Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights!

maybelles mom said...

Tash, ask and you shall recieve.

Kevin, do try this.

Ruth Daniels said...

What an interesting combination. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

And glad I found your site. Great photos and lots of interesting dishes. I'll be back!

Ruth Strong said...

I love the shape of that pasta!