Sunday, January 20, 2008

About Us



We are four:
Maybelle: 3 year old who likes to remind me she is almost 5; baker; sugar-lover; bean eater; dancer; future astronaut
Tigerlily 1 year old who eats anything and everything, even if it isn't deemed edible my most of humankind; hooligan; laugher and teaser
Maybelle’s Mom: writer of blog, photographer of food, dancing queen; off-tune singer extraordinaire; and cook
Maybelle’s Dad: cook, baker, cleaner, rock star; and smart-alec

We started this blog when we thought Belle was allergic to dairy. We kept going because we realized we loved the vegan foods were making. It turned out the doctor misdiagnosed Belle, but in that moment, we really began to be critical of what we feed our family.

But, we are omnivores; we eat a great deal of local, vegetarian, vegan…we eat a lot.

Many of the meals are baby friendly (when the baby is in a friendly mood mind you). Others are for after bed time…(red currant infused alcohol anyone?)

Interested in having me review something or write something, please feel free to email me.

Thanks for visiting. Feel free to email at maybellesmom@gmail.comNewMango cupcake

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your blog. Debbie Tower sent told me about it and I just received it.
Hope you are all well.
Fondly, Marianne Bernadotte

Unknown said...

You are the first family we have met with a child also named Maybelle! Our Maybelle is now 5. Very cool. A little disconcerting to see her name running across the top of your blog.
Lynda

The Cilantropist said...

Thanks for following me on Twitter, and although I am sure you could not tell from my blog itself, but I actually grew up in Cleveland area! My family first lived in Parma, and then when I was a teenager we moved to Olmsted Falls. I love living (and eating!) in San Diego now, although there are many things I miss about living in the Midwest. Your blog is really lovely, and I am looking forward to seeing more, just followed you back on Twitter and added you to my google reader. :)

The Cilantropist said...

thanks for the comment on my blog, I noticed after I commented that there was no way to add your blog to my reader, do you usually tweet your new posts?

S said...

love your blog, too, maybelle's mamma. i loved your post about your heritage and the chat with your mother. i have an especially soft spot for your blog now bec you have italian links, too- i spent many beautiful years living and working in Italy. thanks for visiting my blog- as now i have come to know yours. baci, shayma