Thursday, August 21, 2008

Vegan Carrot Raspberry Blackberry Muffins

DSC_0199
I have been reading a lot of muffin recipes lately (at Modern Beet, Mango Power Girl etc.) So, when I had too many carrots around, I thought I would try my hand at making up some vegan ones. My goal was fluffy but hearty.

I have been noticing how hungry I am in the morning by the time I get to work. That might be because I haven't time for breakfast. Yes, I know, breakfast most important meal; I am sure you eat a balanced one every day etc. But, when I wake up, I generally feel too groggy to even figure out how to put cereal in a bowl, let alone eat breakfast. I have made resolutions to eat breakfast before, but then come morning, it doesn't happen. Let's see if these will make me change my ways.

I ended up remaking this recipe a week later and didn't get the same results. However the updated recipe is at here.

DSC_0185

6 comments:

OhioMom said...

OMG these look so tasty, I would love this for breakfast.

michael, claudia and sierra said...

i feel healthier having merely read this recipe...

maybelles mom said...

thanks ladies.

Lori said...

Good job. They sound really good. I would like to make them but dont know what 1 agave syrup is. How much is that? : )

maybelles mom said...

lori: thanks for catching the typo. of course, use maple syrup instead.

Ben said...

Those look really good--I'll definitely have to make them. I used to have the same breakfast issue, which led me to make a lot of muffins. I like to make a big batch and freeze most of them almost right out of the oven.

I look forward to trying these!