Monday, July 14, 2008

TC: Homemade Egg Pasta with Fresh Pasta Sauce

DSC_0014

On Saturday, at the market, Belle attempted to purchase every yellow zucchini available (by purchase I mean grabbed). After that fiasco, we ran a million errands. Finally, during naptime, I had a few minutes to myself.

I really wanted something warm and sunny for lunch. I had just read through my Taste and Create partner's site, and I noticed two posts about homemade egg noodles. I loved the idea of hand cut pasta. So, I made her recipe, but by cutting it in half. (In case you think how do you think how the heck do spit three yolks, I used 1 whole egg and 2 yolks). I cut the pasta into short shards, twisted them into ribbons. The pasta was tender and very flavorful thanks to the egg.

While homemade pasta is faster than you might think, hand rolling means it does take a bit of time. When it was time to boil the pasta, I was so hungry I almost just ate the lid to the enamel pot. (Mmm, metal?) So, to the mix, I added a heavy handful of parsley, fresh cherry tomatoes, oregano, oregano flowers, grape seed oil, lots of diced banana pepper, and plenty of parm. During the height of veg season, I adore fresh dressings for pasta. They take no time and really highlight seasonal produce. Take very seasonable items (tomatoes, cucumbers, tiny zucchini, green garlic) and let the heat of the pasta warm through everything.

The fresh pasta sauce is also my entry to Pasta Presto this week Ruth of Once Upon a Feast for another round of Presto Pasta Nights

DSC_0012

13 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for visiting my blog! it led me to discover your wonderful blog with great recipes and photos!

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

I'm impressed and a tad jealous: homemade pasta for lunch? Now, that's a mean lunch!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. Nice pictures.

OhioMom said...

Maybelle is very lucky to have a mom that makes her pasta :) From the looks of that first plate it definitely was delicious !

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Mmmm, lovely! No wonder it didn't last long :)

Nancy Heller said...

No fair teasing! Show us the pasta!

Melissa said...

Sounds delicious. I keep wanting to make my own pasta, but dough makes me so nervous. I need to just try it!

Anonymous said...

I bet homemade pasta tastes better than the store bought:) I can say from the plate - the pasta is gone:)

pam said...

Wow! Homemade pasta, I am so impressed. I've never worked up the nerve.

test it comm said...

That pasta looks good. I have been wanting to try making my own pasta for a while now.

Ruth Daniels said...

Great dish! Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

There is nothing as tasty as homemade pasta, especially with a simple "sauce" so you can really taste it.

Lucy..♥ said...

Another awesome dish... my Mom would make pasta just as this, and a just love a fresh sauce to go with this delicate pasta... YUMMO

maybelles mom said...

Lina: Thanks right back at you.

js: I was living high on the hog that day. (pun intended.)

Helene: Thanks.

OhioMom: thanks.

Holler: it really did go fast.

Nancy Heller: sorry nancy, i ate it too quickly.

melissa: just do it, it is easy.

farida: it does taste very good.

Pam: do it pam, it is easy.

Kevin: oh do it.

Ruth Daniels; my pleasure.

Lucy: thanks. isn't this kind of sauce delicious.