Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Arugula and Mango Salad with White Chocolate and Sriracha Vinaigrette with Habenero Pecorino

DSC_0062DSC_0058

You know that old game telephone where you whisper jack sprat ate no fat in your friend's ear and she says bacon fat is not bad to her friend and then when it comes back to you the phrase is turkey bacon is evil.

Well, that is how blog recipes are. You read one recipe and tweak it. Recently, I read a crazy recipe that involved white chocolate in salad dressing at cook eat FRET that she got from The Culinary Sherpas (love that name). The promised butteriness of the dressing was there.

However, unlike ceF, i was not pairing this with luscious duck, so I wanted to make a meal of this salad. I added adzuki sauteed with coriander, diced onion, diced carrot, chili shrimp, and habenero pecorino. This crazy salad was delcious paired with a beer. I hope both parties don't mind my bastardization.
DSC_0074

8 comments:

Dragon said...

White chocolate and Salad? I think I'm in love. :)

Peter M said...

I adore Srirachi in practically everything...what a 'must have' ingredient.

Anonymous said...

The Sherpas don't mind a bit. Isn't that really how all recipes are created. Start with a template and build and build and build. I love the addition of shrimp. Yummy!

OhioMom said...

What a beautiful salad ... white chocolate hmmmm ?

amycaseycooks said...

I have recently discovered srirachi - a new favorite ingredient of mine. Your salad looks great for the hot summer months.

Kajal@aapplemint said...

your second image is not opening .. :(
and the white choc vinaigrette is quite intriguing !

Melissa said...

I have that same salad post of Claudia's saved to make. How awesome that you really made it into your own thing. Very nice. :)

test it comm said...

That salad looks really good! The use of the white chocolate sounds so interesting. I am going to have to try it.