Sunday, March 23, 2008

Vegan Linzer Cookies


We made preserves and pickles on Saturday night, and eventually, I will get it together to post the pictures and recipes. The next morning, Easter, I decided to sort out Belle’s Easter Basket. She doesn’t eat chocolate and everything has to be dairy-free. So, we decided to make vegan cookies. The better of the cookies were the Linzer cookies. I chose these so that I could make use of our lovely preserves. I also went with this option because Easter paraphernalia was on sale all over and I felt the compunction to purchase the Linzer Cookie cutter—tiny cut-outs of bunnies, come on.

We used store bought raspberry jam and homemade kumquat –ginger marmalade to fill them. The cookies were Pistachio-Rose Water Cookies from my beloved Veganomicon. OH, were these cookies heavenly. They were just exceptional.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your pictures, good blog!

maybelles mom said...

thanks for the compliments and the visit.