Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sweet Potato Veggie Pot Pie


My husband and I continued to bake in preparation for three posts for 3.14/ pi day. We made three different pies to be posted for the next few days and then another pot pie for dinner. The lunch pot pie was a study of pale colors, but for dinner I wanted to up the beta carotene. So, I made a veggie pot pie with sweet potato crust. The result was delicious and really all about vegetables. I liked it so much I decided to email it to the Mini Pie Revolution.

Recipe:
Sweet Potato Veggie Pot Pie
Julienne the following and divide between four oven safe bowls:
1 small red potato
¼ cup chopped swiss chard
¼ small onion
¼ small napa cabbage
¼ small sweet potato
½ small carrot
Season the vegetables with
Salt and pepper
1-2 teaspoons caraway seeds
2 T nutritional yeast

Add enough vegetable broth to just barely cover the vegetables

Parcook the vegetables in the oven at 375 for 15 minutes

Top with sweet potato crust, make a hole for ventilation, and bake until crust is golden brown
Sweet Potato Dough
Microwave
¼ of a sweet potato


When warm add 1 pat margarine (if desired) and enough flour to work into a dough.

2 comments:

aaron and becky said...

this looks so good! thanks my hubby has been talking pie for the last few weeks.....and this post made me so hungry i have eaten my lunch and its not even noon!

Anonymous said...

Your pot pies look terrfic! Don't forget to email us with the photo and details!