Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fennel Garlic Shrimp Tagliatelli Alfredo

2
For some unknown reason, fennel grows well at my house and I have adapted accordingly. I have used all every element of the fennel: bulb, leaves, seeds, flowers in food. In fact, the stems and fronds are wonderful to cook with—and here is my running list. But, of course, the bulb is delicious too. For those of you who fear the anise-ness that is fennel, consider sautéing it to a browned loveliness or else shave it paper-thin.

In this dish, the Shrimp and Fennel cut the richness of the alfredo. The process is simple though requires some eye to timing.

Plan:
Fennel Garlic Shrimp Tagliatelli Alfredo
Boil 2 servings tagliatelli.
Clean 8 shrimp.
Sautee 1/3 cup sliced fennel bulb with 3-4 cloves garlic. Add shrimp and sautee.
As the fennel is simmering, simmer 2 T cream cheese with ½ cup whole milk while whisking all the time. When everything is combined, bring to medium an cook until thick. Add salt and lots of freshly cracked pepper.
Add the tagliatelli to the sauce.
Toss in a handful of chopped parsley and then the fennel/garlic/shrimp mixture.

3

7 comments:

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

Whoa, fabulous bowl of pasta! Something about this makes me giddy.

Michele said...

Fennel and garlic go so well together. I can only imagine fennel in alfredo. Mmmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

this looks so wonderful! i am loving shrimp more and more as time goes on!

pam said...

Did you know there are two kinds of fennel? One that has a bulb and one that is grown as an herb. I have the herb kind, so I am always looking for ways to use just the fronds, thanks for the list.

Nazarina A said...

What a mouthwatering dish! You had me at garlic and fennel! Another dish I shall have to make for supper!

I am paying the love forward, please accept this award from me as a token of my admiration!

http://giddygastronome.blogspot.com/2008/09/award-that-is-epitome-of-warm-bowl-of.html

Dharm said...

Looks just fantastic!

maybelles mom said...

[eatingclub] vancouver || js: it was so creamy it made me giddy.

Michele: it was.

Tasty Trends: thanks for coming by.

Pam: I didn't know that. How interesting.

Nazarina A: thanks for the award and visiting.

Dharm: thanks.