Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Corn Salad--Come on everyone's doing it.

cornsalad2
There are grilled corn salads popping up everywhere so I thought I might not post this, but it was so good I decided I might as well meditate up the deliciousness. The process was simple, microwave three ears of corn with the leaves intact. When cooked, I placed the husked corn on a grill pan and then pressed the corn with another cast iron skillet. After a little snap crackle and pop in the skillet, I freed those sweet kernals from their cobs, added thinly sliced onion, quarter super 100 tomatoes, rice wine vinegar and grapeseed oil. Check out the picture--easy, breezy covergirl. Bring on the CSA basket, I am ready for more.

11 comments:

Alexa said...

I have not been getting any corn yet from my CSA, but this salad looks really delicious. I love the colors!
By the way, I wanted to thank you for recommending the no croutons event. I appreciate it. :-)

Anonymous said...

OMG it's beautiful! Wow, the colors!

Maggie said...

I love your microwave technique. I'll give that a try. It's going to be sad to see the sweet corn go.

Chou said...

What a great way to "grill" without grilling! I could do this! Woohoo. :)

Melissa said...

It's hard to go wrong with these flavors. I don't get sick of them either!

I like your technique as well. I use a grill pan usually because I have no grill. Next year!

Dee said...

Ooh, very nice. I'm loving the microwave bit :)

Nate @ House of Annie said...

Very nice. Can't get too much corn when it's in season!

I like the use of rice wine vinegar. It's different!

maybelles mom said...

Alexa: Glad to help out. You know our CSA pus a few things in their greenhouse like tents (they aren't heated or high emmission or anything.)

noble pig: Thanks and delcioius too.

Maggie: It is going to be sad.

chou: Happy to empower you. Though it sounds like you are doing an admirable job without a stove.

melissa: Yeah, it is hard to be grill-less. We all learn to adapt.

Dee: Thanks. It is an easy cheat that works.

Nate-n-Annie: Me too, love the summer corn.

pam said...

Thank goodness, I am not the only person who when they say the word "easy" follows it (at least in their head) with "breezy cover girl".

Sylvia said...

Nice salad and useful microwave tip. By the way, great blog as well!!

maybelles mom said...

pam, glad we are compatriots.

sylvia, thanks and thanks for visiting.