Monday, January 11, 2010

Mung Bean Sprout Chaat

DSC_0130

So here it is. I had none of the necessary ingredients, a cranky baby, no car. But, I also had a craving and an unsettled mind. And use real butter's post got me thinking. Trimming the ends could be a mind clearing moment. So, I went to it. I took a bag of mung beans and sat trimming the ends. Active meditation and spicy pick me up all rolled up into one dish. (Thanks Jen/ use real butter for the inspiration.)

DSC_0087
Recipe:
Mung Bean Sprout Chaat
Sautee:
2 cloves of garlic slivered finely
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander powder

Add:
2 T sliced shallot
3-4 handfuls bean sprouts
2 t soy sauce

In a bowl, combine sautéed sprouts, 2-3 T fresh cilantro leaves, 1 T diced shallot, ½ t amchur, mirchi powder to taste, pinch of kolangi, and sliced green chili to taste, sugar and kelp to taste

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious with coriander and cumin!

Thistlemoon said...

Sometimes these kinds of adventures turn out the best food - kitchen meditation is so therapeutic!

Reeni said...

This looks so fresh and delicious! I really like bean sprouts but never know what to do with them besides stir fry. Now I know!

farida said...

This is a delicious way to meditate:) I have never thought of trimming the mung bean sprouts:)Thanks for the recipe.

sophia said...

I didn't know these are Indian! I adore bean sprouts. Love this recipe!

Marc @ NoRecipes said...

This sounds nice and refreshing. I know what you mean about doing mindless tasks. Trimming bean sprouts is right up there with de-stringing snow peas.