Thursday, August 21, 2008

NewMango cupcake

What do you do when you are home sick? I apparently blog. Really, mostly I just wandered around and read other peoples blogs. I created a Vegetarian 100 to mimic the Omnivore 100 that is snaking its way through the internet. Then, I annotated by Vegetarian 100. Now I am finishing up a couple of memes that were on my to do list. The next meme is the food photography one. Pick your 10 favs. As with all memes, I won't tag someone, but hey, I suggest you try this one, because it is nicely introspective (but not overly introspective.) My favorite is an oldied but a goodie, the vegan mango cupcake (above.) Thanks Pixie of You Say Tomahto, I say Tomayto.

mango feta saladmango feta salad
Blackberry mini piesblackberry mini-pies
minimatchaoperacakeoverviewopera mini cakes
Morel Risottonot a morel
DSC_0456ras el hanout on sweet potatoes
Strawberry Caprese Fusilistrawberry caprese pasta
minimatchaopera2opera cake again
DSC_0066farmer's market photography
Red Currant Cupcakered currant cupcake

14 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

Those all look great! Such beautiful pictures and tasty treats!

maybelles mom said...

thanks queen.

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I love the pictures that you had choosen. Also the recipes, thanks for sharing.

Mama Mia said...

what gorgeous photos! Everything looks so yummy!

Manggy said...

I love the pics you chose! Definitely a fitting meme for you! :)

Jenny said...

Yum! Just found your blog tonight and so glad I did! What beautiful pictures and tasty recipes. I look forward to visiting often.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Everything looks fabulous and scrumptious!

Cheers,

Rosa

Chibog in Chief said...

its fantastic!! i love your chocies of colors and yumminess!

OhioMom said...

Great photos ... one thing I learned when I started blogging, it is harder to photograph food than to cook it :)

Anonymous said...

Your photography is just breath-taking. (Especially compared to mine.) This is a good idea, but I wonder if I have 10 decent photos. I think I need a big-ass studio light.

Swati said...

Thanks Maybelles.. It was nice to see you..
The pics look amazing and the cupcake looks exotic..

glamah16 said...

Amazing work!

maybelles mom said...

thank you everyone. very kind indeed.

Maggie said...

I love how much you manage to vary the setting and composition. Great stuff!