Friday, August 22, 2008

Melon Risotto

DSC_0037

Ages ago, Rossella from Ma che ti sei mangiato made a lovely melon risotto. The recipe left me wondering for a good long time. Then this week we found a lovely French melon at the market the other day. As with all market goods, they are best eaten quickly, so my Tuesday, my melon was looking a little worse for the wear. I needed to consume it quick. Rossella's recipe came to mind.

I didn't have full confidence in the combination of melon and risotto; but it turned out quite filling but at the same time light and summery. I should say my lack of confidence in the combination meant that I didn't mix the melon into the risotto but served it on top. In addition, I did add a little dry goat cheese of Greek persuasion to the mix. Goes to show you there is a reason to waste so much time reading blog recipes.

French Melon

5 comments:

Lore said...

Sounds refreshing! You just gave me a nudge to get more daring and try making sweet risottos :)

Kajal@aapplemint said...

melon risotto sound nice, summery n fresh ... would love to try it out.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for pointing us to that wonderful recipe. So unusual but something I'd love to try.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm so embarrased: you did another of my recipes !!!
I'll try with the goat cheese, given I love it.
But next try the risotto with melon inside: I conquest the approval of, let me thing, about 10 people. They were all satisfied with the risotto. The key ingredient is the melon: you must be lucky in finding a fresh and tasting one.

test it comm said...

I like the sound of a melon risotto!