Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fast dinner: Eggplant Rice and Vegan Broccoli Salad

DSC03715

Writing the post is almost longer than preparation.

Oh, I love this vegan broccoli salad. Simple and yummy, it is full of fiber and baby friendly. Steam some broccoli, add diced green apple and dried red currants (if available), a tablespoon of grapeseed veganaise, and voila.

Cube young eggplant, sautee with onions, add a bit of tomato paste and oregano. Add the rice to the skillet and sautee a little long. You could add an egg for protein. (We didn’t this night.) For protein, we had some yoghurt.

5 comments:

Sophie said...

What a delicious way to livin' up rice :). I've only had eggplant once, believe it or not, and when I did, it was quite yummy...it was actually an Italian dish, so the tomato paste in your recipe works great!

Cynthia said...

I like the idea of eggplant rice.

Sarah said...

The broccoli salad sounds yummy!

maybelles mom said...

Sophie: oh eggplant is yummy. I hope you try this.

Cynthia: thanks

Sarah: thanks

Anonymous said...

I made the vegan broccoli salad today but added some grated carrot and mixed some dijon mustard with the nayonaise. Kids loved it!