Monday, July 7, 2008

Pasta with Warm Egg and Pea Shoots

Pea Shoot Pasta
Wait is it spring still? No, but this recipe is easy to make seasonal. Here is how we have done it here:
warm egg with asparagus
warm egg with scapes and parley
warm egg with sauteed radish greens, shredded radish, and dill
warm egg with beet greens and diced beets

Point being, boil some pasta, add it to a pan that just sauteed something green in butter and olive oil. Add a bit of pepper and parmesan. Top with a very nice egg that has been poached but remains soft. Have the diner break the yolk and stir while still very hot. Heavenly supper.

So this is not a recipe but instead a call to arms. Unless you have some sort of health concern or fear that keep you away from a raw egg, they add a wonderful creaminess to a veggie pasta and really make the meal stick to the ribs.

Recipe or not, I think it is very pasta-centered, so I thought I would send it on to Pasta Presto started by Ruth of Once Upon a Feast and hosted by Gay of A Scientist in the Kitchen

13 comments:

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Great idea -- I love recipes that aren't really recipes, but just teach you how to do something that you can adapt to whatever you have on hand.

test it comm said...

That looks good! What doesn't taste better with an egg with a runny yolk on it?

The CFT said...

A lady after my own heart (If you get a chance see my 2/13/08 post, which is a lot less pretty than yours.). I love eggs with pasta. Eggs with just about everything, really.

Anonymous said...

a poached egg is one of the prettiest foods on a plate. thanks for sharing.

Nora B. said...

That's pure comfort food to me! Esp. when the eggs comes freshly laid from a neighbouring farm.

Anonymous said...

A dish like this can whet my appetite anytime. Love the little star pasta.

Sharona May said...

I think the poached egg over pasta looks good! It is unique and I like that.

Thanks,
Sharona May

Thistlemoon said...

Why do poached eggs look so AMAZING??? Delicious dish!

Nancy Heller said...

That egg yolk is just beautiful - what kind of eggs were they?

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

I love the egg on the pasta! I've been drooling over egg on pasta dishes for a long time now, so maybe it's high time for me to make one. Thanks! It's a great picture.

Anonymous said...

This is a great reminder that just a few simple ingredients, topped with a poached egg, makes a wonderful meal!
All your warm egg combinations are wonderful!

Ruth Daniels said...

It does look wonderful and I do love the simple things in life. There's nothing like a golden runny egg to make me smile.

Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

ChichaJo said...

This looks incredible! I can just magine how wonderful this tastes...mmmm, wish I could stick a fork through the screen!

I love runny yolks :)