Tuesday, March 18, 2008

sadly not working


I should be writing two different reports tonight, and will write them, I swear...I do have coworkers who know who I am and might read this...but I wanted to post these picts from the lovely orange rice that Belle had for dessert last night.

I saw this on Cinnamonda and decided to veganize it for Belle. I made "whipped cream" with 1/2 block semi frozen firm silken tofu, 1/2 cup coconut milk (chilled), 1 T soy milk (chilled), 1 t vanilla, 1 t sugar. I also chilled the bowl and the beaters. It wasn't whipped cream (a little more like very thick melted ice cream), but she doesn't know what cream is. But, nevertheless, this citrus rice pudding (basically) was yummy. I did also add finely chopped pistachios for the nutrition. Thanks Cinnamonda, you made for a happy baby.

1 comment:

Tiina said...

I'm so happy Maybelle liked orange rice! Your version looks very beautiful and the pistachios were a very nice addition!

Greetings,
Tiina